Step 1: Register for an Etsy account
- Go to www.etsy.com
- Enter your email
- Create a password
- Select a user name. This name is the name that you will use to log into the etsy website
- You can optionally enter your First Name, Last Name and Gender. My advice is to save this for later when you are more familiar with etsy and understand where your first and last name will be used on the etsy website.
- Click the Register button
- Once you have an Etsy account, spend some time looking around on Etsy to see what kind of stuff is being sold. Also spend some time thinking about what you might want to create and sell.
- Take a look at the Community postings to understand some of the ins and outs of shopping and selling on Etsy. This step is crucial for understanding the Etsy ecosystem that has developed. This will also help you target your products to the right customers.
Step 2: Become a seller on Etsy
- Sign in to Etsy with your username and password
- Click the Sell link at the top left-hand corner of the webpage
- On the next page, click the Open an Etsy Shop button
- From here you follow the steps that Etsy requires. Steps include setting up a method to receive payments from customers, establishing a method for you to pay Etsy fees, creating a banner and badge for your store, a store description and so on.